Welcome to Pre-Kindergarten!
2023/2024 School Year
As part of a well-rounded, play-based curriculum we will explore the following areas of early childhood development:
- Experience the beginning of an educational journey in a faith-filled setting,
- Build relationships with our peers, teachers and school community,
- Support and enhance your child’s independence and growing confidence,
- Experience dramatic and imaginative play with friends in class,
- Explore early literacy and numeracy concepts,
- Expand language and communication skills,
- Develop critical thinking skills through “Loose Parts” and “Tinkerlab” activities
- Introduce classroom routines,
- Participate in fine and gross motor movement activities.
All EICS Pre-Kindergarten classes are taught by knowledgeable and caring certified teachers with the support of a multidisciplinary team made up of Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Educational Assistants and the Early Learning Consultants.
EICS offers Pre-Kindergarten programming for children aged 4 years on or before December 31st. As an inclusive School Division, we also offer to program for children with mild/moderate or severe delays. Please refer to the Brighter Beginnings section of the EICS website for further information about Program Unit Funding.
St. Martin's Pre-Kindergarten runs 2 full days (all school day scheduled Tuesday, Thursday) per week. Field trips (Government permitting) and other special school activities will be organized by the teacher at each school.
Community children - $1250.00 per year. This can be paid in monthly installments.
To register for Pre-Kindergarten please do the following:
1a) Log into PowerSchool (if you have a PowerSchool Account) and click "SchoolEngage - Student Forms". This will bring you into the SchoolEngage, our forms management system
1b) If you are a new parent recently registered with the division and do not yet have a PowerSchool account, please log directly into SchoolEngage at https://eics.schoolengage.ca/#/home
2) Click on the graduation hat icon on the left and click the name of the student you wish to register for Pre-Kindergarten
3) Click "New Form" beside the form titled "Pre-Kindergarten Registration" and submit the form to the school hosting the program.
Early Childhood Links:
Alberta Education Programming for Children with Special Education Needs
CMEC Statement on Play-Based Learning